Taylor Swift Is Celebrated With New Pop-Up CMHOF Exhibit
This weekend Taylor Swift will be playing three sold-out nights (5/5-7) at Nashville’s Nissan Stadium. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is celebrating her arrival by unveiling a pop-up exhibit today (5/1). The exhibit displays a selection of her iconic costumes.
Titled Through Taylor Swift’s Eras, the limited-run exhibit includes a total of ten outfits that represent each of the artist’s ten albums. The display includes outfits from 2006’s Taylor Swift to 2022’s Midnights. The pop-up exhibition is part of the museum’s comprehensive gallery experience and is included with general admission. It runs through May 31.
Among the items on display from Swift’s wardrobe:
- The Vivetta faux fur jacket and rhinestone-accented Norma Kamali bikini Swift wore in the 2019 music video for “You Need to Calm Down.”
- The Marina Toybina-designed circus ringmaster ensemble of a top hat, cane, rhinestone and sequin-embellished jacket, shorts, and knee-high, laced LaDuca boots Swift wore to perform “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” at the 2012 “MTV Europe Music Awards” November 11, 2012.
- The Mandalay multicolored fringe dress, embellished with beads and sequins, and Everybody by B. Z. Moda tall boots Swift wore during the first act of her “Fearless Tour” in 2009-2010.
RELATED: Taylor Swift Addresses Hand Injury During Eras Tour
The museum also updated its display in the third-floor Taylor Swift Education Center with new artifacts representing Swift and her latest studio album, Midnights. These objects will be on view through early summer 2024 and are also accessible with general museum admission.
New items now on display in the Taylor Swift Education Center include:
- The sequin-covered cape, Michael Schmidt Studios bustier and briefs, and Stuart Weitzman boots worn by Swift in the 2022 music video for “Bejeweled.”
- The Taylor GSLJ “Living Jewels” acoustic guitar Swift used to perform “Last Kiss” during her “Speak Now World Tour” (2011-2012) and in the 2022 music video for “Anti-Hero.”
- The New York University cap and gown Swift wore when she received an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree and delivered the commencement address at the school’s 2022 graduation ceremony
The Taylor Swift Education Center is located within the museum’s galleries. The two-story, 7,500-square-foot center opened in 2013. It was made possible through a generous donation from Swift.The education center includes classrooms, youth art installations, interactive galleries, and learning labs with resources to facilitate distance learning and songwriting programs. In 2022, more than 134,000 people were served through more than 1,100 educational programs offered by the museum. Many of which originated in the Taylor Swift Education Center.
The United States leg of “Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour” runs through August, playing 52 stadium concerts.